We’re proud to carry…
- 12 brands of trail and road running shoes
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Kids Trail and Road Running Shoe’s
- Atomic and Madschus nordic skis (classic, skate, and junior), poles and boots
- Nordic Skiing Apparel and Wax accessories
- Extensive selection of running apparel and gear including Arc’teryx, Icebreaker, Craft, Salomon, North Face, New Balance, Mizuno, Asics, and Saucony, Brooks, Black Diamond, BUFF, Suunto
- Sunglasses from Tifosi, and GoodR
- Recovery Products from KT Tape, Addaday, CompressSport
- Sports Nutrition from brands such as Skratch, Nuun, Vitargo, Macrobar, Honey Stinger, Endurance, Tap, Rekarb, Picky Eaters
- Sunscreen, Bug Repellant,
- Sports Hydration Products
- Bear Spray
Hours of Operation
Winter Hours (Oct 1 – April 30):
Monday – Friday 10a.m.–6p.m
Saturday / Sunday 10a.m.–5p.m.
Summer Hours (May 1 – Oct 1):
Monday – Friday 10am – 7 pm
Kylie & Paul McKendrick
OwnersBorn and raised in Calgary, the mountains were Kylie and Paul’s backyard since they were kids. Kylie’s ski racing background had her in the mountains every weekend and fell in love with running during the summer months of training. Paul grew a passion for touring the mountains as a teenager and has since been exploring by foot, skis or his bike. After 15 years of working the Calgary corporate world, they moved out to Canmore with their family to raise their 3 children in the mountains. Combining their business backgrounds with their passion of running and the trails, they opened Strides Canmore in March, 2018.
Dave AschimDave Aschim has been adventuring in the Bow Valley for over 10 years. Drawing up ultra routes in the backcountry and running off the beaten track drives him to stay fit. Whether its climbing them, skiing them, running over them, or talking about them, Dave loves the Rockies! Ask Dave a story of his time exploring the mountains and you’ll be entertained for hours!
Store ManagerLyen started trail running 3 years ago after a climbing injury sidelined him. Since then, he has
found it’s a lot easier to explore the local mountain ranges without having a 30 pound pack on.
Born and raised in Fort McMurray, Lyen has found his home in Canmore enjoying the local trails
and pursuing personal feats in the mountains! Lyen is well known for his in depth knowledge of
gear and all things running!
Anna SellersAnna is a Canmore local who has grown up in the mountains running, hiking and skiing. She started competing in running races at the age of 4, competed in track and field through high school, and is now a member of the Junior National Team in Biathlon. She also continues to coach and compete in both cross country running and track and field and does professional photography in her spare time! She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in Nordic skiing and running to the Strides Canmore team.
Nathaniel Mah is a Nordic Combined athlete on the National Team. He started the sport at just 7 years old and has continued on ever since. Being an aerobic athlete a huge amount of his training hours are spent running as cross training. Nathaniel now lives in Canmore AB and continues to train as a high-performance athlete, while sharing his knowledge of sport and running through Strides Canmore!